Sunday, September 25, 2016

Afternoon Art lesson

     What's a girl to do when Dad is away on business, Mom is working at the gallery, and the squad is all busy with their boyfriends? Try her hand at watercolors! I love feathers, and Mom's studio is full of supplies, so I spent the afternoon giving it a try.
      First try - a muddy mess. hmmm... I might need a you-tube tutorial.

Materials:
5.5in x 8 in 140 lb. Cold press Watercolor paper
Koi Water colors (Field Sketch Box)
#10 round Royal brush
#8 round Royal brush
Higgins Black India Ink
Calligraphy pen

 These are my newest attempts - after I watched a great you-tube tutorial.
Want to give it a try? In addition to this great tutorial by Agapey I recommend not trying to be too exact. I went from being rigid, to looser with my brushstrokes and the result is awesome! The feather on the right is less detailed,  but so much better in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment